General Studies Paper – I (MCQ) Marks: 200 Time: 3 Hrs
(i) Modern history of India and Indian culture.
(ii) Current events of national and international importance.
(iii) Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams.
(iv) Basic and everyday science.
(v) Nagaland in all aspects. Modern history of India and Indian culture will cover the broad history of the country from about the middle of the nineteenth century (advent of European invasion) and would include questions on Gandhi and Nehru. Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams will include exercises to test the candidate’s ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in statistical, graphical and diagrammatical form and to point out deficiencies, limitations therein. Questions on basic and everyday science will cover matters of everyday observation and experiences of a modern man. General information on Nagaland will also be asked.
Paper – II (Descriptive) Marks: 200 Time: 3 Hrs
(i) Indian polity and Public Administration.
(ii) Indian economy and geography.
(iii) Social problems and sensitive issues including environmental problems.
(iv) Nagaland-geography, society, culture and heritage.
(v) Administration in Nagaland.
· Indian polity and Public Administration will include questions on Constitution, administration and Political system in India.
· On Indian economy and geography, questions will be put on planning, physical, economic and social geography of India.
· Social problems and sensitive issues will include problems like child labour, HIV/AIDS, gender bias, minorities, SC/ST, illiteracy, poverty, employment etc. Global issues such as environmental problems will be covered.
· Nagaland-geography, society, culture and heritage and
· Nagaland administration will cover topics in general administration like organizational structure, local bodies, functions, control, social welfare oriented programmes, etc.